September 3, 2009

Trying to Float

There's a movie I love called 'Home for the Holidays'. I watch it every Thanksgiving. It's funny, clever, and real. A quote from this movie has been going through my head repeatedly for the past week or so.

"Just Float."

I am trying. I am trying very hard to just let the things that are bugging me roll off my back and to float. The logical, mature part of my brain knows that it is up to me to be happy, up to me to see the best in everything and everyone. That if I have the time to whine about something, I have the time to do something about it. But lately it's been a struggle. I feel like I am focusing so hard on not complaining that I am becoming mute. I know that a million people are worse off than I am, have much more serious problems than I, and I have plenty to be thankful for. But knowing these things doesn't change the fact that I feel like screaming until my throat bleeds these days. It is amazing how alone you can feel in a world full of people.

Thank goodness for the light in my life, my beautiful daughter. Her smile, her laugh, her silly, playful personality is the only thing getting me through right now.

1 comments:

Anita

:( I am always here if you want to talk!