July 18, 2009

Baby Talk and More Teeth



This video is from the other night. Notice how she says "Mama" towards the end, and then waves when I say "Wave" to her. Since the day I wrote the '10 Months' entry, Audia has become so much more verbal and shown so much more obvious understanding of words, it's almost ridiculous. Like she read my blog entry and said "Hey! I absolutely am saying those words knowingly!"


She calls Chris 'Dada' and me 'Mama', and this morning, when Chris got out of bed and left the room, she said 'Bye' and waved. In the past couple of days, she has started making a snaping motion with her fingers when she sees the dogs. (We frequently snap before we say a command to get them to listen). She also will give a high five if you say "Can I have a high five?" She definitely knows what we're saying when we say 'Puffs', 'Eat', 'Yay', 'Good Job', 'Grandma', 'Grandpa', 'Dog', 'That's Nice', 'Down', 'Up', 'No', 'Be Gentle'....this list goes on and on, and has grown (or, I feel like it's grown) about 50 times in two weeks. Maybe this is totally normal for 10 month olds, but it still blows my mind. I feel like I give her so much less credit than I should by being amazed, but I can't help it!


In other news, our poor sweetie pie is getting yet ANOTHER set of teeth in, and these ones are by far the worst of all the teeth she's gotten in thus far. According to my research, the molars are next and based on how much more uncomfortable she seems, these upper molars are doozies. I just hope she gets through it soon. We've been going on 5 days of fragmented sleep now. I feel like I'm the living dead for the first time since she was a month or two old!

2 comments:

Janice

Gosh, I can't believe how big she is getting! It's so weird that now you have the older baby and I have the newborn again...(remember when Abby and I first met Audia? She was so tiny!!!) I can't wait to see you all again. Hopefully we will be up to that part of the country soon:-)

Holmbody

Sounds like a fun 10 months! Just don't let her get TOO used to snapping her fingers at dogs (she might use the trick later in life to get boys attention).